Wednesday, September 15, 2010


Well folks fall is almost officially upon us. The nice cool weather arrived sooner than the actual solstice date, but that is ok with me. This is the time I focus on getting gifts made for my holiday giving. I just started some knitting some socks from the fiber i spun this past summer. I used the merino combed top in Riverstone. They are coming out so amazingly cool I wish I was making them for myself. Because I am in such an artistic environment I am never at a loss for a project. Lately more and more people are taking advantage of renting looms in the studio. It is so much fun to see their work. A young woman today bought some handblown glass buttons to use as wine glass charms along with some dye stuff she needed. If you need inspiration come on in and leave with at least one project idea for a gift to give, or make for yourself. Monday evening Janis Thompson is teaching a hat knitting class. Learn this FITS EVERY TIME way to knit a hat.Starting with I-cord, we will learn how to measure, increase and throw in design elements ON THE FLY....The Hat class requires that the student bring the yarn they want to knit the hat out of and the appropriate size double pointed needles - usually recommended on the yarn band. Sign up NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment