Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Updates

I went Monday to the Spin-In at the Laverne Krause Gallery to spin with Rob Mertens and others. We had cotton batts prepared by Rob, some Corriedale Cross from ETC and polyester stuffing. I had never spun the polyester so i thought I would give it a try. It was really strange to spin as it does not hold together unless it is overspun. I did like using it to do wrapping around a wool single. It is much more slippery than silk to spin. Personally I prefer to spin natural fibers but I enjoyed the experience. Rob is using the fiber spun to "weave" or wrap over a wooden structure he built. I will probably go by on Friday to see how the work has progressed. Rob actually encourages people who have never spun before to try spinning. There is still two more days to spin if you want to participate. If Rob lets me take a photo I will post it on a future blog.

The spinning group that meets here at ETC, has voted to meet every Thursday instead of twice monthly. I hope that makes it easier for people to remember when to come by. We do have a nice time, and would love for more people to join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment