Friday, December 16, 2011

Give a Mouse a Cookie

I bet you have been wondering where I have been and why there have been no new postings. Well I have no good excuse. I went to post photographs from a rug weaving workshop and the spinners guild and became overly frustrated. But that is no excuse. It seems I start writing the blog and then I have to help a customer, or do some other job. I am sort of like the mouse in the childrens book, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.
So to fill you in on what has happened here lately. Susie taught an introduction to Rug Weaving which has led to a request for a full rug weaving course. We will have Jason Collingwood come teach in March on rug weaving and shaft switching method. This is a popular class since he comes here from the United Kingdom. Besides the fact that Jason is so handsome and charming and a mighty good teacher to boot.
Our spinning circle continues on each Thursday from 2-4pm. Sometimes we are a large group and other days, (most recently because of the holidays) we are small. But whatever our size we always seem to have a nice time.
This is the first year we have our gallery changed into a Holiday Store. It is packed full of handmade items from various artists in out Eugene area. If you haven't been by yet and still need a gift for someone this is a wonderful opportunity.
I also want to encourage you to read the Jan/Feb issue of Handwoven. Susie has another wonderful project in there. Maggie, Susie's granddaughter is also featured in the magazine.
I want to wish everyone Happy Holiday and a Healthy New Year full of love and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment