Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Good Book

One of my favorite pasttimes is reading. I am a sucker for a good book. I am not particular about whether it is fiction, romance or a good book of non-fiction. A new book that we have in the store here is called the Fleece & Fiber sourcebook. This book is quite excetional as a reference for any fiberholic, be you a hand spinner, crafter or just a hobby farmer. This book covers more thatn 200 fibers. The photographs are exquisite too. I can almost count the number of crimps in the merino photograph. I highly recommend this book for all fiber teachers and crafters.
Another wonderful book we just got in is called harvesting color by Rebecca Burgess. This book inspires me to use the natural resources of my area for dyes rather than always buy them from the store here. Rebecca gives nice instructions on how to set up a dye bath and prepare the fibers prior to dying. What I love are the photographs of the plants and the dye color that it makes.
It is my hope that you will come in and check out these wonderful new additions to our store. And if you can't make it in before Black Sheep, we will be there with the books for you to purchase there too. But remember the store will also be open during the Black Sheep show. Come by and say hi to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment