Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

I have been so busy that I actually forgot to post in this blog. After Black Sheep I was so exhausted. Then two weekends later was Art in the Vineyard. I helped the organizer set up a booth for volunteers to come and spin yarn, knit, weave and to show off fiber work of this community. Several stores in Eugene also had some of their staff or clientele come and demonstrate. The third day was July 4th and many of us stayed and watched the wonderful fireworks together.
Now we are getting geared up for Sock Summit in Portland the end of July. This will be the first time ETC will have a booth there and we are so excited. We ordered some great new books for sock knitters and others. I picked out the books myself so I hope you like them and purchase them. One especially great book is called The Knitters Companion which has all the info you need in a small compact book. Come and check it out and I think you will agree it's a must have.
If you live in or near Eugene I suggest you come on by and see Marilyn's work in the gallery and some fun knitting work from the students at Lane Community College. Their yearly Moveable Feast is even larger this year. And don't forget the spinning group meets here every Thursday from 2-4pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment