Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Show It Off

In one of my previous jobs, I worked for a school down in hot and smoggy California. I had a lot of different tasks, but the one I especially enjoyed was diplaying student work on bulletin boards and in the hallways. I always made sure to include all the students in the class, albiet we only had a maximum of 10 students in my special classroom. Yesterday in our gallery here I had the opportunity to hang the show with work done by students of weaving from classes here. All of these classes were taught by Susie. One student is a very beginner, but her work is top notch. They are displaying a lot of different weave structures so it is a great show to see. Just a little reminder that the Movable Feast is still here from LCC students, but I do not know for how much longer it will stay.
Life here at the store is busy. Last weekend was a 2 day natural dye class, and yesterday an idigo pot set up class. Both these classes were taught by Marilyn. Susie is away teaching again and Vicki is on vacation so I am here by myself most days. Tomorrow, Thursday will be a fun day as the spinning group will be here from 2-4pm. One of the spinners has been away for a month on a US cross-country/Canada trip. I am looking forward to hearing of her adventures. Come and join us if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment