Thursday, May 5, 2011

Knit & Spin

I have some good new for all of you knitters and spinners in cyberland. At ETC we just received a new magazine titled Knit & Spin. My first thought was "Oh, just what we need, another spinning and knitting magazine." But I have to tell you this magazine is wonderful. The first section of this publication focuses on all the basics for a spinner. For the newer spinner it answers all those questions about differences between carded fiber and roving. There is an article on washing wool, do's and don'ts. Now I think everyone should read that article. It even offers tips on how to choose a wheel. One article by Rita Buchanan tells you how to estimate the yarn requirements for knitting projects. But this magazine does not stop there. It has patterns galore for gloves, hats, socks, sweaters and patterns for kids too. You could be happy spinning and knitting for quite some time with just the patterns from this one magazine. I already bought my copy. Yours is waiting here on the shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment