Monday, May 23, 2011

NWRSA show








I have just returned from the NWRSA show held in Salem this past weekend. I had a wonderful time in the booth smoozing with the participants in the conference. I was fortunate to get enough time to chit chat with with Stephanie Gaustad, who was the featured Speaker for the conference. If you don't know who she is I will fill you in. Stephanie is the illustrator of Alden Amos' Big Book of Handspinning, as well as being his wife.



I also met Anita Osterhaug who is the editor on Weaving Today eNewsletter. I had to ask her how she gets so many creative ideas to write about. I was trying to find ways to make this blog a bit more interesting for all of you out there who read this blog.


I am always amazed at the beautiful artists who create so many beautiful fibers to weave with or rovings to spin. I got on 4oz skein of roving from Alexandra's fibers that is spinning like butter with beautiful fall colors that i am making for a friend of mine in Virginia. I am looking forward to working in our booth again at ANWeg in Salem, at Willamette University the end of this month. They have two days that are open to the public to come in and see all the gallerys and shop. Thoses days are Friday and Saturday, June 3rd and 4th. I hope you come by and see us whether you are a conference attendee or just a day visitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment