Thursday, September 22, 2011

We're OFFF

It is that wonderful time again for the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival. Once again we will be up at the Clackamas County Fairgrounds, but we will have a larger booth this time. You know what that means, more of what you want and need for all of your creative needs. Be sure to come on by and enter the contest for the gift certificate to Eugene Textile Center. As always the store itself will be open on Saturday from 10am till 5:30pm.
As summer slowly changes into autumn I seem to be spending less time in the garden and more time indoors with my fiber. I am now spinning some beautiful merino/silk roving in oranges, creams and light browns. I am not sure yet what I will do with it but it just glows on my bobbin so far. I only have 8 ounces so it may be a knitted shawl or part of a nice woven piece of cloth. I still have not completely finished my huck lace on one loom and so until that comes off I will be searching for creative ideas on how to use this beautiful yarn.
I am not sure if i mentioned in a previous blog about the next Spinners Tea. It will be a Halloween Spooktacular Day. We will have apple cider along with our tea and scrumptious food. We may also creep in a few shocking surprises. You should wear a costume or a mask and come and enjoy this wonderful afternoon. It will be October 22nd from 10-4. Reservations and payment of $10 must be made in advance as seating is limited.
Have a great weekend everyone, and see you at OFFF!

No comments:

Post a Comment